Friday, September 28, 2007

Millions of Peaches....Peaches for Me!

Fall has officially arrived and with it cooler nights, the beginning of football season, the end of baseball season, and peaches. Yes you read that correctly, peaches--apparently the fall fruit of choice out here is peaches, not apples like in NY.

We bought 1/2 a box about two weeks ago thinking we'd eat some and then can or freeze the rest...but no. Those Utah grown peaches were nothing short of sweet yummy deliciousness and we ate them all! So, a week later we bought another 1/2 box of which we ate most of and consequently were only able to freeze three quart-size bags to use in pies later.

The ones pictured in the bowl are a few of the ones left from the first batch...before we ate them all! : )

7 comments:

Bonster said...

YUM! Last year we got a box of peaches here in WA and I made some peach jelly with it. We love peaches!

I stinketh not!! said...

I love Peaches... and those look good. Thats a great idea to freeze the for pies. Hows the pool coming along?

Schmath said...

You live in Utah? I didn't realize that. Are you anywhere near us? (Bountiful)

Natalie said...

What a great picture... very professional looking! My parents (in Utah) have apricot trees and they get tons in the fall... too many to use up!

Montserrat said...

Peaches are my Debbie's favorite fruit. Those peaches look so good!

Camille said...

YUMMY! Great picture! I wish I had a peach to eat right now! How is your pool coming along?

zippy said...

Sorry Schmath, but we're a little further south - in AZ! Our peaches just happened to come from UT.