Friday, September 7, 2007

A Splashing Good Time

Yesterday little J and Z spent the morning at a local park with some friends, cooling off in the Splash Pad. This was the first time we had been there without M, so mom thought little J would be hesitant to play without his big bro...but no. I'm glad he and his little friends had a good time! He had so much fun of course that when it was time to go, he didn't want to.






Little J spent the bulk of our time there running, chasing and being chased by his friend, splashing, rolling aroud in the water, all the while laughing his big belly laugh. : ) Although he was a bit cautious at first of the buckets that dump water in intervals, of all the times we've been there to play this summer this was the first time mom didn't have to coerce him to even get near the buckets. Slowly but surely he inched his way closer and closer until he was standing right under them where he managed to get a bit wet!

After school when big bro found out we had been there without him, boy was mom in trouble! Z ended up promising we would be sure to take M the very next time we go. : ) Guess it will have to be after school on an early release day--lucky for M we have one of those every Wednesday and there is not an end in sight to the hot, hot weather! So, maybe we'll go again next week.

4 comments:

Kim Dubois said...

He's so dang cute, and he looks just like you! When will I ever get to meet that Little J?

I stinketh not!! said...

Thats neat, I'm so jealous that you guys can go year round... I really wanted to go on the new big water slide at Great Escape, but before I could they closed down the water rides.. ARG. BTW the rainbow is beautiful.. getting to see Heavenly Fathers delights today, all over the world :)

Bingham fam said...

Hey how old is little J? This must just be in Utah but they won't let kids under 5 go to pool anymore right now anyway because of some parasite. It stinks but I guess it is better then getting sick. I'm glad at least you guys can still have fun in the water.

Bonster said...

fun, fun, fun!!!!