Sunday, January 13, 2008

Fall Festival

To kick off November, we participated in our HOA's Fall Festival held at the large park in our neighborhood. As a member of the Community Involvement Committee I got to help plan, set-up, and clean-up so it was rewarding to see all our hard work pay-off with such a large turn-out for this first time ever event. The festival was such a success that is will now be held annually--yay!

Mainly because I'm on the C.I.C, I had volunteered Big J to help feed the masses by providing a big pot of his yummy chili. Big J entered his pot o' chili into the chili contest (judged by local celebs: the elementary school principal, a local fire fighter, and a local police officer) and won first place!! Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of Big J or his winning pot o' yummy chili! Somehow in the craziness of helping to put this all together, I forgot that there would be prizes awarded so imagine our surprise when Big J was handed a year's paid subscription to Netflix! Our family has been enjoying this nice little prize ever since--way to go Big J!

M had lots of fun participating in the corn on the cob contest, sliding down the huge bouncy slide, doing fall themed crafts, taking part in the three-legged race, and trying his hand at a number of fun game booths (one of which our family was in charge.) Lil' J also enjoyed the game booths, but his favorite activity was playing hoops at the Little Tykes basketball standard brought for a "Hot Shots" shoot-out for the little ones.




No comments: