M's b-day wish came true--we found snow, and lots of it!! As we drove up the mountain to the play area, M said as he soaked in all he saw around us: "I feel like I'm living in a dream!"
M was so excited when we arrived, that he scrambled out of the truck and ran towards the snow banks, not waiting for the rest of us or the sleds we would be using.
We had a great day sledding and playing in the snow. M turned a new leaf--our once cautious and very careful little man turned into a reckless little devil on the big hills!! Now he's very excited to learn how to ski...but he'll have to 'till next winter for that.
Playing in the snow with my family, I decided that "you can take the girl out of Southern California, but you can't take the Southern California out of the girl!" At best I am a "weekend warrior" when it comes to the snow--I'm more than happy to drive up to the snow to stay and play in it for a weekend, but beyond that I'm no good in cold, snowy, icy weather.
The pictures in the slide show that follow speak volumes more than I could about what fun we had--enjoy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
I have some snow out here he can have for FREE! :) Tell M Happy Birthday for me. How did little J like sledding? I agree us SoCal girls don't do snow all that well. Looks like you guys had a great time.
Fun,Fun! Love the pictures!
Oh my, your family pic is cuter than cute. each one of you is cuter than the next. Love it!
Looks like so much fun. The pictures are really great. My boys have been asking me tons this year... when is the snow coming. They didnt even notice that it didn't come last year. They are ready for some sledding fun too! I love your family picture! It is soooo cute!
Glory, I'm such a Utah girl, but I'm sick of snow. All the time I think about what it would be like living without snow.
Can you tell I'm jealous?
Jenna: After 8 year in UT and 5 years in NY, I was beginning to wonder if I would ever get to experience life without snow again. And while life without snow is not for everyone--I LOVE it!!!
What a fun trip. I hear a lot of Southern Californian say they enjoy short, limited trips to snow...
Post a Comment