Monday, February 11, 2008

Time Changes Everything

2008 is only a few months old and already many changes have come our way, with promises of many more to come. It's no secret that depending on the specific changes made directly to my life, I've not always been quick to embrace change.

Six months ago I was called to serve in the Junior Nursery in our ward (with the children 18 mos. to 2 years.) While I quickly grew to LOVE the children, it took me awhile to feel comfortable with the logistics and details of my calling...about six months to be exact! So wouldn't you know that just as soon as I find "my groove" in the Nursery, it's time for a big change?

A couple months ago our stake was split which meant it was only a matter of time changes in leadership would trickle down to the ward level--our ward has been no exception.

About three weeks ago, the face of the leadership in our ward began to change and for now, there appears to be no end in sight. I will admit that as exciting as it has been, it has also been a bit overwhelming for me--I was called to serve as the 2nd Counselor in our ward Primary Presidency!! Though this calling is not totally new to me, there are some responsibilities that have left me feeling like I have a rather large learning curve--I'm over Cub Scouts (a program I know nothing about) and I'm over coordinating baptisms for children turning eight this year. Both of these are areas I will have first hand experience with starting next January when M turns eight, so what better time to learn and prepare, right? I am very grateful for the three amazing women I've been called to serve with and learn from, and for the wonderful children we've been called to serve!

And now you know about one of the many things that have been keeping me extra busy!

6 comments:

Bonster said...

You will do great w/this calling! (just like w/all your callings!) I remember seeing you in action in primary in NY, you were absolutely wonderful, have fun w/it, enjoy all those little spirits!

Natalie said...

Primary is such a great place to serve (as you know)... You'll love it and you'll be fantastic!

EstesSBTAK said...

congrats on your calling. you will bless so many children.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about scouts Zoila, it is really a lot of fun!! Mom served as a nursery leader too so I guess that it is fun!!

Meri said...

I am excited for you! I LOVE the family picture... I miss you guys.

Guinevere said...

You can do it cute lady! I served with you when you were the Primary Pres. You did a wonderful job. Cub Scouts is so fun! The learning curve is steep in the beginning but a love for it will develop and sticks. Plus, you'll just get a preview of what's on the horizon for your cuties.