In an effort to simply "let the good times roll" and not add to an already busy summer schedule (piano lessons, swim lessons, a family reunion, science camp--for M--and having a baby), J-rod and I decided we would take something away to see how that would help. The something we took away for now was, karate lessons for M.
While not going to karate freed up a couple afternoons a week, it also meant not getting to see some good friends as often so...Zippy and our karate mom friend H decided we'd get the kids together for a play date. Last week we took the kids to see Kung Fu Panda (who better to see a karate flick than with your karate pals?), then went over to H's house where the kids played on the Wii and had a yummy lunch together. We all had a such a good time, we can't wait to get together again for a pool play date!
Li'l J holds hands with Li'l H across the parking lot,
while M and M talk big-brother talk.
Striking a pose with Po, the Kung Fu Dragon Warrior Panda
M and M Wii box
Li'l J tries his hand at Wii golf
(note: the spot on Li'l J's bum...apple juice spill in his car seat--nice!)


3 comments:
Did you like the movie? I'm debating whether or not to take the boys to the drive-in to see it! Thanks for you comment on how I'm this awesome independant lady! So very nice of you :-)
I found those 2 blogs off of you link list and liked them, I've never talked to them or anything, I'm just a stalker!
Stalker: I can't believe I forgot to mention in the post that we LOVED the movie!! We all thought it was very clever, very funny. It kept everyone's attention well and even brought tears to the mom's eyes in a spot...or two. : )
Hope you guys enjoy the drive-in! I don't think there is one of those left around here, but even if there were...it's just plain too hot right now!
How fun is that? Going to a Kung Fu movie with your Karate pals!
Post a Comment