Thursday, July 10, 2008

10 in 10

Recently a good friend tagged me to do a "10 in 10 minutes." The idea is you take ten pictures of the specified "items" below, write-up a post about them, and let all your friends and family get to know you a bit better. The trick is, you can't do any "clean-up" before you take the pictures...you just point and shoot. So without further ado, here you have my ten:

1. Dream Vacation: Spain

I've been dreaming about traveling to Spain ever since I was eight years old. The closest I've gotten was the summer between my junior and senior year of high school when we hosted a foreign exchange student from Madrid...we grew to love her like one of the family and still keep in touch! Someday, maybe I'll get to visit her and she can be my tour guide. : )

2. Self-Portrait:


Okay so I didn't take this picture myself! My dear darling sweetheart J-rod took this last week during a break in a family reunion portrait session on Lake Tahoe. I choose this one because it's one of the few recent photos I have of myself that I actually like. : )

3. What are my kids doing right now?

Right now? Sleeping for the night (I usually don't get to blog until they are down and out). But when I took these pictures they were recovering from a FUN-filled day of playing in the pool with a bunch of friends who came for our monthly Mom's Club Pool Party. "Recovering" = veggin' in front of a movie.

4. My Closet:


I absolutely LOVE how big and room-y my closet is and the fact that I don't have to share it...J-rod has one the same side all to himself! Notice the boxes and piles of frames and pics in view #2? Yep, after a year and a half in this house my closet still remains the "graveyard" for anything that should be hung on our walls. One of these days I'll get around to sorting and then hanging what "goes" with this house. : )

5. My Favorite Room:

Currently my favorite room is our living room. This is the room where the boys play beautiful music for me to enjoy, even Li'l J likes to tickle, er, pound on the ivories daily. This is also the room where you will find me taking daily afternoon siestas...on the long couch that sits against the window and directly under the a/c vent (an essential during this summer pregnancy!)

6. My Favorite Shoes:

Leather sandals by Aldo in black and brown. I've had them for two years, wear them almost daily as they are so-o comfortable, and though J-rod didn't understand just why I bought the same shoes in two different colors, I'm very glad I got them both!

7. My Laundry/Mud Room:


Just right, for right now. : ) It's roomy enough that it fits our washer and dryer (which I LOVE), our deep freezer, and a shoe cubby with standing room leftover. Eventually I'd like to take out the shelf that's above the washer and dryer, paint the room, and then install cupboards like we did in our NY laundry room...I miss those cupboards! And if wishes come true, someday (probably not in this house) I'll have a laundry room with a sink and counter in it! : )

8. The Guest Bathroom:


This bathroom also has a stand-in shower and is right down the hall from our guest room. Since it's the bathroom located downstairs, it gets used daily. My plan for it's future is to add a window treatment and then either paint it an antique white, almost beige, or add a simple patriotic border about 3/4 of the way down the wall.

9. The Kitchen Sink:


Not much to say here...it's your basic two basin, stainless-steel kitchen sink. Emptying and filling it is a recurring cycle...usually a couple times a day.

And last but not least...10. The Fridge:

As a kid I always dreamed of having a fridge with side-by-side doors when I owned my own home, but then when we got to buy our first fridge for our house in NY I learned about the split fridge with the freezer drawer on the bottom...oh, how I miss that! We didn't get to pick this fridge out--it came with the house--otherwise we'd have picked a fridge that has the double doors to the fridge on top, and the freezer drawer on the bottom.

Okay, so do you feel like you now know me any better than you did before you read this post? Just wondering. : )

I now tag: Amy, Cocoa, Jenna, Kassi, Lallie, Meri, and anyone else who feels up to the challenge-ha! Remember, just aim and shoot...no cleaning before hand!

6 comments:

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

thanks for sharing. I love your house. and you always have it so tidy!

Jenna Harris said...

No CLEANING!?!?! Your house is pristine!!! Mine is a disaster. How in the world can I do THIS tag. I'm going to have a lot of confessing to do.

Oh, BTW, you look FAB as a prego lady. So cute. Great pic.

zippy said...

ok, this is J-rod. my wife is SUCH as cheater. I LOVE YOU HUN!!!

zippy said...

This is Zippy, and I DID NOT cheat! I didn't clean up specifically for this post...I had worked hard cleaning the entire day before in preparation for the Mom's Club Pool Party. The pictures on this blog just happen to be the aftermath of my cleaning spree. : )

And Jenna, I know you can do it!

Montserrat said...

I've got mine set to post on Friday, July 18.

I love the rooms in your house.

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of you!