Great Gma & Gpa pulled in right around lunch time, so J-rod and I enjoyed some yummy leftovers with them while they told us all about the 3-week cruise they had just gotten home from...the day before! They are such great world travelers--I want to be just like them!! : )
Once everyone got back from the beach, J-rod, the boys, Aunt C, Uncle N and I all headed into town to catch a showing of the new Disney/Pixar movie, Wall-E. We all enjoyed it, though I think for different reasons. The boys had been looking forward to seeing it all summer and were so excited to see it with their Aunt C and Uncle N. J-rod and I were just happy the kids were all happy and we enjoyed being with them.
After the movie we headed back to the house where Dad had the fixing's for a yummy BBQ going. While we waited for our steaks to cook, Dad cut M's mop of a top and Uncle D finally got Li'l J to enjoy some playtime with him.
See Uncle D, Li'l J really does LOVE you. He just needed to warm up to you after not seeing you in so long!
The after dinner activity was a great family history project prepared by Aunt C and Mom. Prior to going to Lake Tahoe, we each prepared a colorful family tree with all of our information starting with our kids on up to our grandparents on both sides. For this project, we matted the print-out of the family tree and then adhered family pictures all around the matte before framing it. It was a fun, quick, and easy project to do! Thanks for the great take home Mom and Aunt C!
Zippy listens intently while working on her project.
The finished project
Gma. S has fun with the younger kids while the big kids finish up their projects.
Since our location on Lake Tahoe was not ideally suited for watching any firework display, once we got all the little kids to bed, the big kids, Dad, and Great Gpa. S gathered around for a rousing game of Phase 10 that went late into the night. There is nothing like a good family game to bring out every one's competitive nature! Hee, hee. Generally J-rod does not like to play Phase 10 with me--he says I cheat, though it's just finely tuned skill I tell him! Well, in this game I met my match--my dear sil M seriously out skilled me (and my bil D doesn't like to play with her, for he, says that his wife cheats too! I think D and J-rod are just sore losers!) And though M is skilled, Great Gpa. S is even more skilled...M and I couldn't beat him if we teamed up! But lo and behold, the game that night went to BJ and C who just sat quietly back and "kicked every one's trash!"
Happy Fourth everyone!


1 comment:
We had so much fun in Tahoe. And now that we are moving closer we will be able to see you often. The boys will have their aunt and uncle close so that they will know who we are and so that we can have a rematch of Phase 10. We have to beat BJ and C!!! Love you guys!
Post a Comment