It's not a big secret that with J-rod's work schedule, time is not a freely-flowing resource around our house. Even though the motivation for completing DIY projects is there...the time isn't. As many of you know, many, many, moons ago we set out to re-do the boys room and get the nursery ready for baby. Were it not for the help of many great friends, neither room would be complete yet. To all those who encouraged us, gave us wonderful suggestions, lent us tools, and helped paint--THANK YOU!
And now without further ado, here are the long awaited pics of the process for both rooms:
And now without further ado, here are the long awaited pics of the process for both rooms:
THE HARRY POTTER HIDEOUT
Pre-paint
____________________
____________________
Total transformation achieved--paint, furniture rearranged, walls decorated
____________________
THE NURSERY
As used for our two boys
____________________
After the babyshower paint job, Zippy adds the vinyl striping
____________________
With the striping added, J-rod puts up the chair rail
____________________
and FINALLY, the completed room for our little princess:


18 comments:
I am SO impressed! What fun transformations! I bet your boys love their "new" room.
Ohhhhhhh... baby's room is soooooooooo beautiful! What fun!
Love Love Love them all! That little girls room is so stinking cute! What a lucky little princess she is! :-)
OH what a beautiful baby room!! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! I am a big fan of the pink and green. I just want you to know how cute you look in all your pictures. You look great especially for a lady about to have a baby. Yes! my girls remained dressed!!!! See what I mean about coming along way. Hey dan called me and told me you had him over for dinner. You are so nice.
Both rooms look great! You have given me the motivation to start working on Ky's new room again!
Love the baby's room. Can't wait to meet her!!
Hey, I need some work done at my house too :) and once a home teacher always a home teacher :) j/k great job j-rod. I started listening to the Harry Potter books, yes yes i've fallen into the potter mania :)
Cute! I know M and Li'l J love their room and baby A will love her room, too!
The rooms turned out so cute. We really need to get Remi's done.
so cute!!!!
love it!!!
Oh, you know I love it! It turned out even cuter than I had imagined. The pink chair rail is an awesome touch and really finishes the room! I also love the PRINCESS... signage. What a lucky little girl she'll be in her lovely new room.
LOVE THEM BOTH!! What a great job you guys did. I bet the boys love their newly decorated room! And of course baby A will love hers as well! Job well done!!
Looks awesome! Way to go!! Don't you just LOVE working with vinyl???
You're rooms are amamzing. I am so happy that you get to welcome a precious girl into your family so soon!
Good luck with everything.
Nice work, guys! I love the nursery SO much. Are you ever going to share your crib painting secret? How did you make it baby safe?
Both rooms are so cute! We are so excited for your new addition and can't wait to come and visit all of you!
WOW!! It's like the home show just hit your house. You guys did an amazing job. Way to go!!
Post a Comment