Thursday, September 11, 2008

Life With Baby A

Ever notice how time has a way of slipping by, almost un-noticed, especially when your days are consumed with the enjoyable task of gazing into one of the most beautiful faces to grace your presence?

Hospital portrait--2 days old

As we haven't posted since coming home from the hospital with Baby A, and many our fans have made multiple requests for an update, I thought I'd better get to it before another day passed me by.

At her two week check-up earlier this week, Baby A weighed in at 8 lbs. 11 oz and measured 20 in. long. Having regained her birth weight and then some, I'd say all her non-stop eating and sleeping has paid off!

It's hard to believe that three weeks have already gone by since this little angel joined our family. Since her arrival, Baby A has stolen our hearts and has us all wrapped around her little finger...as it should be, she's our little princess!
____________________

The most sought after seat in the house right now is J-rod's recliner...the spot where mom and Baby A settle into for feedings and naps.


J-rod and M enjoy the recliner with Baby A.

Even Li'l J takes a turn on the recliner with Li'l sis.

____________________

Li'l J is always happy to help however needed and is very excited to be assigned "jobs" to do around the house, just like the big boys!

Big brother M helps out too! Here he's topping li'l sis off while teaching her to cheer on our BYU Cougs during Saturday's win. Notice she's sporting BYU's colors? Yes, we start them off young here!

____________________

Since she still has her nights and days mixed up...

...nap-time is Baby A's favorite time of day!

Bath-time however is a different story all together!

____________________

Baby A joined us for her first swim at FHE this week. Everything went well...



...until the wind picked up and it became clear that Baby A was enjoying herself about as much as she does during bath-time. Oh well, we'll just keep trying!

16 comments:

Bingham fam said...

She is beautiful beautiful baby! How happy to have a girl now too. I am just so happy for you. I wish I could hold her. She looks so cuddley! Maybe if I ever come to watch daniel play fuzball.

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful. I can't wait to see how she will grow and see her little personality.

Anna Elledge said...

She is so cute-keep the pictures coming!!

LasVegasSchank's said...

She is so precious! We are so excited for you! Can't wait to see her next month!

Annalise said...

She's gorgeous! It looks like the boys are just loving her. Hope you're settling in well & getting some decent rest. I love that you've had her in the pool already!

Camille said...

Yeah!!! You posted! We've been missing ya! LOVE all the pics! I am so so so so excited to meet her in just a little bit. She is so adorable!

Sarah said...

What a cutie!

Amy from Our Dish said...

OH MAN - LOVE those pics! Thanks for posting them. I'm excited to meet her in person!

Andrea said...

So adorable!
So super happy for you guys!

smlaw said...

She's super cute. I really like the picture of her in her swimsuit. Girls are so much fun!

Meri said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! Give her a kiss for me; oh, why stop at one? Give her several!

Anonymous said...

I'd about given up on any new posts!!! I'm so glad to see that baby A is doing well. We miss you guys so much and miss being able to be there to see you. Please keep the pictures coming. Our blog will be low on posts until we can get our computer out of storage so we can upload all of the photos we've taken recently. Lots of love to you all! Oh, and Kaia love's her little pony. She sleeps with it every night and she still asks for little J about every other day. I don't think she get's it yet that we aren't coming back. : (

Kassi said...

She is so cute!!! I never got a chance to post on the first post about her, so this is a little late, but Congrats!!! Girls are so rare in the Schank family, of course we have everyone wrapped around our fingers!!!

The Fallon Schank's said...

She's such a cute little princess!

EstesSBTAK said...

She is adorable. Have fun!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the pictures and updates! I love to see how you guys are doing! What a perfect baby girl you have! She fits in so well with the rest of her darling family!