As the name of our blog suggests, our life is just one adventure after another and the one we've been on since this weekend is no exception! Friday, after having spent the day helping families in the ward who are starting gardens load, haul, unload, and spread dirt and manure, J-rod went to dinner with some co-workers--a well deserved reward. When J-rod came out of the restaurant, our trusty-truck of five years and over one hundred-thousand miles was GONE! Yep, you read that right, someone had stolen it--GRR!
Maybe it's just me, but isn't this opposite of the way karma is supposed to work? He spent the day serving others and he gets his truck stolen? What's up with that?? Recognizing that we are all living in tough economic times, I tried to find some sort of silver lining in this situation, trying to convince myself that whoever stole it needed it more than we do, that it was somehow a blessing in disguise, that it was just something material that we could ultimately replace, and that things would work out...but it was tough for me not to feel like there was little to no chance of it being recovered, let alone in decent condition.
However, it would seem that we are among the lucky who have has this happen to them as our prayers were answered. Early this morning we got a call that our truck had been recovered a couple hours south of us in apparently decent and drivable condition with only the ignition missing--yipee! We do not yet know the details of how it was recovered and have yet to see it for ourselves and though we probably won't see it until Thursday morning, we are very grateful to know that we'll be getting it back sooner rather than later and that it's in good condition!
J-rod spent the bulk of this morning on the phone with two different police departments, our insurance company, the tow trucking company that is currently holding our truck, and the local dealership/body shop where the truck will be delivered to for a complete inspection and inventory to assess what if any damage it may have and work that it may need. We will post an update later this week once we receive more details on it's recovery, have seen the truck for ourselves, and have had it returned to our possession.
To all who have offered help, kind words and suggestions, and have shared their stories of similar experiences--THANK YOU!



8 comments:
My goodness! I am sure glad that it was found. Prayer is awesome! Good luck with it all!
Doesn't that feel like such an invasion of privacy?!?! I had my car broken into when I was in high school and I remember feeling so violated! I'm glad you got it back though...maybe that's the karma of it all!
Oh my goodness! I'm glad that it was found. We love you guys and miss you! See you in a couple weeks!!!!
Whoa! So glad the truck was found and you'll be getting it back. What a terrible feeling that must have been to know something of yours was stolen.
Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about your truck. I'm glad to hear you are getting it back. I hope you know your service no matter how small, never goes un noticed. Love you guys!
I hope it all ends well! What an adventure for sure! The part that really gets me is "STARTING GARDENS" I am jealous!
Wow, that's lucky. It makes my blood curdle to think about people stealing stuff. It's just so cruel! I can totally see why you are growling. I am too. I hope they get that guy.
What a nightmare! I can't imagine how mad I would be. And then to have to spend the time getting all the logistics worked out is almost as frustrating. Good luck and I'm glad all is well for the most part!!
Post a Comment