Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Lovely Locks

'03, '06, and now '08--what do these three years have in common for me? These are years in which I've donated ten inches of my grown out hair to Locks of Love. The first two times I donated I went to a salon on my own, this time around I went with two good friends who also donated their hair.


Zippy, K, and M

K found a very nice salon in town that gives their normally pricey cut and scalp massage free to those who donate to Locks of Love. We had a fun, and somewhat pampered, afternoon as we got our new fabulous do's!

Before:

During:


After:


I love my new cut! Although I think I will eventually grow it out and donate it one last time (provided I haven't gotten too grey by the time I have the required length again), I think I will try to maintain this cut for a while.


M, Zippy, and K looking quite different!

Thanks for a fun afternoon ladies--I'm so glad we got to do this together!!

9 comments:

Anna Elledge said...

Love the hair cut!! What a fun day with the girls!!

Marie said...

Yes, I love the hair cut, too! I can't believe how long your hair was!!!!!! I can only dream of hair that long, as mine will never ever grow like that. *sigh*
You look beautiful, as always! :)

Montserrat said...

The hair cuts look great! ANd you're so good to donate it to a worthy cause.

Bingham fam said...

AWESOME! WAY TO DONATE YOUR BEAUTIFUL HAIR! IT SURE WAS FUN SEEING YOU THIS LAST WEEKEND. YOU GUYS ARE SO AWESOME FOR COMING TO THE GAME AND GOOD PICTURES!

zeeny said...

I love the new do!! I'm trying to decide if I want to grow mine out again and do the same! Fun!

Camille said...

What a great thing to do! The new cut looks good! Baby is getting too big! I need to cuddle her!!!

I think the lie is that you didn't graduate college????

LasVegasSchank's said...

Love the new hair cut! I agree with Cami... the lie is you didn't graduate from college!

JeMM said...

So cute!
Camille just did this too. I need to post it!
THAT is so cool!

Anonymous said...

Well, that answers my question about your hair from a later post. Duh! I guess I should scroll down to the older posts first. You guys look great! I love your new hair, all of you! And Wow on M's hair... Way to go for short hair!