Monday, November 24, 2008

Our weekend update

Friday night J-rod and I traded our usual weekly date night, for a family pizza and movie night at home with our kids. We all look forward to these nights together! This time we watched Flubber.

So guess who just turned three months old on Saturday and couldn't be more happy about it?
Happy Baby A now weighing in at 11 lbs. 14.5 oz.

Baby A and I celebrated her 3 months by going on a girls night out adventure with some great gals! We saw the movie Twilight and LOVED it! Baby A did really well through the whole movie, however she absolutely lost it when we left the theater because we had lost her binkie and I didn't have a spare on me--oops, you would have thought that this was my first child!! Now acting the part of an experienced mom I have put an extra binkie in the diaper bag as well as the car.

Driving to dinner we passed a Wal-Greens but none of thought to stop and get a new binkie because we figured she'd calm down with the drive (like she usually does). We walked into the restaurant and Baby A was still throwing a major fit. Everyone at the restaurant was very nice and accommodating--the wait staff even helped me find a quiet spot with a comfy chair where I could nurse Baby A in efforts to help calm her, but no, that didn't even work.

Since none of us could hear ourselves think let alone what was being said over Baby A's screaming, I finally decided to let my friends order for me while I drove back to Wal-Greens to buy a couple binkies. Baby A screamed the whole drive, but was fine once inside the store--typical shop-a-holic in the making where retail therapy makes everything better? Uh, I hope not! After getting her into the car, I put the new binkie in Baby A's mouth and managed to upset her once again--yikes!

Back at the restaurant my dear friends took turns holding, soothing, and loving Baby A while I ate my dinner until she was finally able to fall asleep. Thank you gals for being so good to me--I wouldn't blame you if you don't ever invite Baby A and me to go on another GNO with you! : )

Twilight fans: A.E; A.N; N; K holding Baby A; Zippy

Now it's time to get ready for Thanksgiving--we are so excited to see LOTS of family again!! We just hope that Baby A's cold will go away soon so that she can go back to her haapy self and so we don't get anyone else sick!

So sad!

3 comments:

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

It was a fun night, even with her unhappy, Sorry I lost the 2nd binkie of the niht, and for the record..she is still totally invited on all of our girl night! she is the cutest and smells the best out of us all.

Anonymous said...

Looking at all these photos makes me glad for friends but also really, really sad for absent friends. That would be me feeling sad for myself cuz I miss all of you guys. Z-did you cut your hair? Baby A is getting sooo... big and sooo... super cute! Miss you guys! Oh, and I still haven't read those books. I guess all the hype just isn't enough to get me into it... yet! LOL

Sarah said...

It was fun to see you at Paul's wedding and meet Baby A! She is so sweet. You're hair looked really cute, too; what a nice thing to do.