Tuesday, December 30, 2008

On the sixteenth day of December...

Due to M and his on going asthma, we didn't get over to Cub Scout Pack Meeting--I'm the new Pack Committee Chairperson--but we still made some YUMMY Cocoa Krispy Treats to send over to the meeting. The boys had a good time helping to make the treats!


M measures out the cereal.

This is the ONLY kind of "butter" that is safe for us to use when cooking for M as it doesn't contain any dairy.

This is what it looks like when melting--almost like the real thing; tastes pretty close to it too.
Using the usual recipe, we just split the amount between regular rice krispies and cocoa krispies. Yum-o!

Once measured out, Li'l J helped get the cereal ready to be mixed once the sauce was done. Each boy took a turn mixing the sauce as well as mixing the cereal with the sauce.

Sadly, as I was cleaning up from making treats I noticed one of our three fish was having some serious issues keeping it's balance. I decided it was time to call the boys over so they could say their farewells to M's fish "Mr. Big Bucks" (named so for his dollar-bill green color) aka "Diego the fish" (Li'l J's name for M's fish). Good thing I did, as it wasn't too long after the good-byes that he did expire.

Mr. Big Bucks swimming with Nemo.

Our tenderhearted M doesn't handle goodbyes well, so it was good he had a little while to spend with Mr. Big Bucks before he headed off to the big sea.








Our little monkey, Li'l J, just had to have a closer look!

No comments: