Tuesday, January 6, 2009

1st day of preschool

Li'l J started preschool this week. We are all so excited for him--yay! Now when M comes home from school, he can't wait to hear what Li'l J did at school--what a great big brother! Li'l J sure is growing up, and is clearly beginning to recognize it himself--he no longer likes it when we call him "our little monkey"; when we slip up he says, "I not monkey! I just a big boy now!" What a cutie. : )

Li'l J is attending Little Lovebugs Preschool taught by our good friend Miss K. At first the fact that he would be going to school at K's house was a bit confusing to Li'l J, but once he saw how she had the school room set-up and recognized that he knew his school friends from church, everything was okay. Li'l J and his two friends M and T had a great first day and can't wait for more! Thanks Miss K!!

Getting ready for the day.

Walking to Miss K's door.

Hesitant to ring the door bell.

Settling into the routine with his friend M.

"See what I did today?"

The hat reads: School is cool! Notice the meticulous coloring job on the wording? Miss K said Li'l J was so careful while coloring that he ran out of time to finishing coloring the rest of the hat! The cute poem next to his hand prints reads:

It's my first day of school and I had fun, and got to play.

I am learning my way.

I was scared and a little shy. But because of what you said, I was brave and I got by.

All through the year, I'll make more things for you. So as I change and as I learn, you can see my growth too!

5 comments:

LasVegasSchank's said...

So adorable. He is getting so big. Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!

Marie said...

How cute! I can't believe he's in preschool! I remember M at that age... crazy how time flies!

I stinketh not!! said...

You have got to be kidding me.. Preschool??? Are you sure? Wow he is surly getting to be a big boy! I love how big his backpack is on him!

Camille said...

Cute cute little Jacob! I miss that little boy! New years Eve sure sounded like fun!

Alayne said...

Zoila! You will never believe how I found your blog.....
Anyway, I just wanted to drop by and say hello.
Your little family is adorable!

-Alayne Tichy Thomas
alayne.thomas@gmail.com