This past week I've been grateful for the following (all which brought a smile to my face):
- The wonderful Cub Scout leaders I get to work with. Not only do these ladies put in countless hours week in and week out to come up with AWESOME activities for our boys AND attend endless meetings to ensure our program is running correctly, but they are fun to work with and I'm grateful to have them in my life!
- A fabulous group of Cub Scouts and the opportunity to take them to a nearby lake to enjoy the beauty around us. We had a lot of fun using water scopes made by the boys to check out the lake, skipping rocks, trying to stay dry (wink, wink!), having a picnic, and leaving the lakeside better than we found it by picking up, bagging, and properly disposing of trash. Thank you to the moms and siblings that were able to come enjoy the day with us.
- J-rod and M and all the help they give to our family each week. J-rod is the hottest "pool boy" around...thanks J-rod for making sure the pool is well taken care of so the kids and I can daily put it to good use. : ) M is such a great big brother to Li'l J and Baby A and my greatest helper around the house! What would I do without him?
Planting a new tree in our front yard this week.
- An inpromtu mid-week date night with my sweet-heart and the wonderful YW who was not only able, but willing, to babysit at a moment's notice! Thanks M, we love you and owe you BIG-TIME...I see some Junior-Mint Brownies in your future. : )
- Playdates with great friends who like to come swim at our house. Can't wait to see you again K and D kids (and mom's too!) Thanks for the YUMMY main dish J!
- Theaters that offer wa-ay discounted summer movies for kids and great friends who will save me and my kiddos a seat--thanks K and M!
- Li'l J made it all the way through Sacrament Meeting today without me having to take him out to the car for a time-out!!! Woo-hoo!! Those in our ward know how entertaining we can be on those Sundays when J-rod isn't there with us (like today)...me juggling three kids, a diaper bag, two quite-time back-packs, etc. and then me trying to keep Li'l J quiet AND happy during Sacrament Meeting, well it rarely happens. But today the heavens smiled down upon me and even though we had to sit way in the back of the gym (that alone usually spells BIG TIME disaster for Li'l J), we somehow managed to sit through the entire meeting in our seats...quietly (well, mostly...but I'll take it!) Yes, it's true. When J-rod came home from work I was able to tell him not only who the speakers were, but also what they spoke about. Miracles never cease.
Happily playing indoor hopscotch while waiting to go swimming earlier this week.


2 comments:
Oooo... I'd love the recipe for junior mint brownies. Yum!
Cute pictures, I love the indoor hopscotch, how creative. I noticed how good J was at church! He set a good example for Natalie! Haha we've had our fair share of Sacrament meeting spent in the car. You're supermom to be able to juggle three by yourself!
Post a Comment