It's no big secret that I'm the typical 'city girl' living in the 'country.' As such, there are times when I am rather impressed by things that those more accostumed to 'country life' don't think of or find as impressive. For example, when driving down the road and I see cattle feeding in the fields with their babies I tend to get excited and call out to the kids "Ooo look at all the cute calves!" My husband however, sees absolutely NOTHING 'cute' in a cow or a calf! Once while driving to the grocery store, when I looked out the window and saw this:
I stopped the car, pulled out my camera and took a couple pictures before it wandered out of my sight. Yes, that's right...it's a bull, just roaming around in the construction zone of a new housing development apparently having broken out of whereever he should have been. I thought that was pretty cool...I mean, come on!...that's just not something ever seen where I grew up!
So, when it's time to harvest one of the major crops around here at the end of the fall, again I get PRETTY darn excited! I love watching the cotton fields go from green, to white, to brown again! Remember my first post about this? You can check it out here. Just take a look for yourself and tell me, aren't those brown and white blossoms just BEAUTIFUL?? I just love knowing where the soft fibers that are made into such wonderfully soft and comfortable clothing and towels come from! : )



1 comment:
Jenny Is Afraid of Cows.. =0)
Post a Comment