Saturday, February 20, 2010

'09 Christmas Trees

Yes, yes.

I know.

Believe me when I say, I KNOW.

It's almost the end of February,

and here I am STILL posting about Christmas.

Just a reflection of our crazy, busy life lately.

Needs: first, second, third, etc--as it should be.

Shoulds: after the needs--somewhere down the line.

Wants, as expected:

wa-ay down at the bottom of the list.

And I know we aren't the only ones whose lives go like this.

However, this blog is our family journal.

One way we stay connected with family and friends.

So I think of it as a 'should'.

Not quite a 'need'.

But more necessary than a 'want'.

And I get around to it every now and then.

Clearly, not as often as I'd like.

But then there are days like today.

It's a beautiful day.

A rainy day.

Yes, it's actually raining here!

Rare, but nice.

A perfect day to be lazy for a moment or two.

So I'm ingnoring my chores for a bit.

And sneeking in yet another post about December.

Maybe by March this blog will be all up-to-date.

Maybe.

Until then, if you want to know about our Christmas--

stick around for a post or two.

If not, check back in March to see how far I've gotten.

(click on collage for a larger view)

We had two trees for Christmas 2009.

Two artificial trees.

We missed going to pick out a live tree.

We missed the smell of a real tree.

But we didn't miss the horrible asthma.

Live trees come with mold spores.

Mold spores make it tough for us to breathe well.

Luckily with the Scentsy "Christmas Tree" scent,

we could pretend we had real trees.

The kids decorated the tree up in the loft.

Decorated with all as many of our:

 beloved,

mixed-matched,

collected over the years on our travels,

made by our kids,

made by J-rod when he was a kid,

made by other loving hands,

handed down from generations past,

lovingly given to us by family and friends,

ornaments that would fit on it.

That tree is pictured second in the collage.

The one with a big Cub Scout Bear:

Cubbie,

sitting in front of it.

The downstairs tree made it's debut

in front of our front window.

It was HUGE!

Nearly 9ft of tree.

We got it at an after Christmas sale 2008--a GREAT deal!

We bought it we planning for it to be our 'themed' tree.

We'd never had a 'themed' tree before.

We decked it out as our BYU tree.

Surprised?

 It's NO secret we are HUGE fans.

So the BYU themed tree fit just right.

It made our hometeacher laugh!
 
Blue, white and silver ornaments.

Blue and silver bead garland.

White snowflakes.

The first ornament to go on the tree:

the BYU ornament bought when we were first married,

while we were students there.

Our angel Moroni was too heavy to sit on top so...

we had a blue star on top instead.

Well, the natives are getting restless.

 That's a sure sign my time here is up

and I can laze around no longer!

No comments: