Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


Some thoughts on being a mother--

Mother love
is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.
--Marion C. Garretty

The lullaby is the spell whereby the mother
attempts to transform herself back from an ogre to a saint.
--James Fenton

It kills you to see them grow up.
But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn't.
--Barbara Kingslover

And remember that behind every successful woman...
is a basket of dirty laundry!
--Unknown

"Motherhood brings as much joy as ever,
but it still brings boredom,
exhaustion,
and sorrow too.
Nothing else ever will make you as happy or as sad,
as proud or as tired,
for nothing is quite as hard as helping a person develop his own individuality
especially while you struggle to keep your own." 
-- Marguerite Kelly and Elia Parsons

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

The Fallon Schank's said...

Okay, so I'm thinking that you definitely should be here, Zoila, to give my Mother's Day talk! (Our family is speaking Sunday.)
'Surely love you!

Amy from Our Dish said...

I love all of those quotes!!! Thanks for sharing :)