Sunday, July 25, 2010

Back to blogging...sort of

So it's been a bit of a busy summer with lots of swimming, reading, watching movies, hanging out with friends, and trying not to melt in the RIDICULOUS heat out here!!!  As things start to slow down some with the end of summer it is my hope to get back to blogging and I expect that once school starts--M and Li'l J will both be in school full time, leaving me with just C-sta at home--I will be able to pick up a better blogging pace again.

For now, here are a few things I forgot to include in my review of February (I know, I know...February was a LONG time ago, but I still need to document it.)

While decorating the house for Valentine's Day, we noticed an interesting light display on our wall that turned out to go along very well with the Valentine decorations:


It took us a little bit to figure out where it was coming from, but once we found the source we had a good little chuckle:


BYU Scentsy Warmer provides Light Hearts!!

We'll see if we can duplicate this neat effect again next Valentine's Day!

Also in February:

The YW in our ward held their annual YW New Beginnings.  J-rod was asked to speak to the YW that night and I was lucky enough to be his date for the evening.  The whole evening centered on being "Daughters of a Royal Birth" and was organized and carried out by one of the beautiful YW who was working on one of her value projects. The YW that would be entering the program this year or who were new to our ward received a special welcome and a cute pink tiara.

After hearing special messages from a few of the leaders (J-rod included) the many talented YW and their leaders sang a beautiful song. Later J-rod had all the women in the room (YW, Leaders, and mothers) that had earned their YW Recognition Medallions come to the front of the room so that they could help welcome the two special ladies that would be receiving their award that night.  Since the YW program had just been updated shortly before this evening, J-rod got to present two of the new, and very pretty I might add, YW Recognition Medallions.  Both recipients of this award worked hard to earn their medallions and were very happy to receive it that night.  The first one went to C, one of the YW and the second one went to R the YW's President (who joined the church as an adult and hadn't previously had the opportunity to earn this award).  Way to go ladies, congratulations on a job very well done!!

Everyone who participated helped to make this a very excellent evening indeed!  The decorations were BEAUTIFUL, the food was scrumptious, and best of all the company gathered there and the spirit felt that night was wonderful!

Last but not least, the Disney Musical Mary Poppins came to town and I was SO excited!!!  The Disney movie is one of my all-time favorites and I'd been wanting to see the musical ever since it came out on Broadway a few years back, but alas, the last time I was in NYC was just before it opened. 

Due to J-rod's schedule we didn't think we'd be able to see it while it was in town (so I was getting pretty sad that it would come and go without my seeing it), but things worked out and we were able to get our hands on some very last minute tickets.  Being that this was a Disney production we decided to use this as an introduction to the theater for M and Li'l J, so they got to go too!  We made a whole evening of it by taking the boys out to dinner before the show. Since we knew this would be a long show and very late night, we opted not to take C-sta so instead she got to have a little sleep over with the H family--she loves them and they love her, so all were VERY happy with the arrangement.

Both M and Li'l J did very well considering that the first half of the show was one of the longest first acts I've ever seen!!!  It was fun to see the stage adaptation of a story I've known and loved for so long.  Not only did we enjoy hearing  the "old" songs but the new ones as well.  As we left the show we indulged ourselves a bit more by purchasing the soundtrack and a copy of the original book.  One the drive home we listened to and happily sang along to the soundtrack which is now one of Li'l J's favorites (as mentioned in his birthday post.)

Excited for Mary Poppins to start!!

Ok, NOW I'm definitely and completely done updating February and feel good about starting the updates for the rest of the year--woo-hoo!!

No comments: