Our last day in Guatemala City we woke up long before dawn, packed up, and got ready to say goodbye to our gracious hostess my Aunt Z, and my cousin G.
Zippy and Tia Z
Cousin G, Tia Z, and Zippy
While J-rod and I were in Xela visiting with my Dad's family, many relatives would ask, "Has anyone ever told you that you look like you could be your Cousin G's twin?". This is something I have been hearing since I was a kid...I'm sure he has too. The thing is that while I can see the family resemblance between us, I have never been able to see what everyone else sees. Do you?
___
After our goodbyes, Cousin G had us follow him from his neighborhood back into Guatemala City. His office was just around the corner from where we needed to return the rental car and he wanted to be sure we did get tied up in the morning commute or get lost like we did before. Ha, ha!
We were shuttled over to the airport from the rental car location, and now it was time to say our goodbyes to this beautiful country. (I don't know how soon we'll be able to return to Guatemala, but I hope that it will be sooner rather than later!) After checking in for our flight and finding our gate, it was time to set our sights on heading back home. We were SO looking forward to seeing and hugging our kiddos--we sure missed them!


No comments:
Post a Comment