In hopes of jogging my memory of what we did this month, I looked back through my trusty calendar and the pictures I took throughout February and discovered there wasn't too much that we did out of the ordinary. I also noticed that unlike every month previous to February, I didn't take very many pictures--a first for me.
So, what did we do? We pretty much spent February getting over every sickness that didn't come our way in January. Nice huh? C-sta got pink eye and then strep throat, which she then was so nice enough to share with M. M followed up the strep with bronchitis. The strep and the bronchitis completely overwhelmed his system and he ended up with a bad case of exasperated asthma and ultimately ended up on a strong steroid to help him recover. Both M and C-sta missed a week of school. Our poor kids have been such troopers! J-rod, Li'l J, and I all had a touch of something going on with our sinuses and/or upper respiratory, but nothing nearly as bad as C-sta and M.
President's Day M got a full set of braces--top and bottom. The first few days went as expected and M spent them in a lot of pain and discomfort wondering if there was any relief in sight. We are all getting used to his wearing braces. Li'l J went in for a routine dentist appointment and a tiny cavity was discovered, it was filled the following week. Luckily Li'l J didn't need to be sedated for the filling, but he did require an extra numbing injection...he's my son, we don't numb well at all.
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir
One fun outing for us was the Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert in honor of Arizona's Centennial. The music was amazing and the concert was fun. We took M with us to the concert and afterwards introduced M to a former piano teacher of J-rod's who now sings with the choir. J-rod's piano teacher reminded us that with braces, M would have to give up the French horn and switch to an instrument with a larger mouth piece. I was very sad to hear this as I so enjoyed listening to M play the French horn, he was very good for having just started it in the fall; M had just made first chair French horn in January too. Oh well. M is now adjusting to the trombone and seems to be getting the hang of it.
With M being an 11 year-old Scout now and Li'l J not joining Cub Scouts until the end of December, I thought I would get a year off from Cub Scouts. Not so, at least for February. Our pack leaders asked me to help them get ready for the big Blue and Gold celebration. They always invite the in-coming Cubs and their families to Blue and Gold, so Li'l J was overjoyed that we still got to go and that he got to bake and decorate a cake for it as well. Li'l J won an award for having the cake that was "Most Cub Scout Oriented"--a Pinewood Derby track with two Hot Wheels cars.
The cake table and a few of the many yummy & creative cakes
"Game Night" themed center pieces
The Blue and Gold theme our leaders chose was fun: Game Night. All the decorations turned out very well. I'm glad I got to help but from here until Li'l J is officially in Cubs when I'm asked to help I'm going to be okay with saying, "No thanks, I've got plenty on my plate right now" as I know there are many others who can help too.
So long for now from two of our cuties!








No comments:
Post a Comment