Friday, August 31, 2007

Pool Progress

At our last pool posting, our backyard was essentially a big pit that resembled a pool:


_____________________

Since then, a bit of progress has been made. After the digging of the pit, in came the rebar, plumbing, and electrical.



____________________

Next came the pouring of the shotcrete--


____________________
As cool as that was for Z to watch, little J's favorite part was the "ment mixer"--


_____________________
Once the shotcrete had been poured and shaped, it was our job to wet down the concrete every four hours for five days to ensure a proper curing. Whenever Big J or I would say, "I'm going out to water the pool now" I would laugh as it sounded so silly to me!


____________________
After the concrete had set, forms were put into place for the pouring of the decking. The decking will be poured after Labor Day. In the meantime the water fountain is being set in place.

____________________
With approximately three weeks left until completion, we are getting anxious to get in and swim! Fourtunately, it stays warm here through October and into November so we might get a couple months use out of the pool before the winter hits!

6 comments:

Bonster said...

Totally awesome! So when can I come over for a dip?!

zippy said...

Can you be here in about three weeks? I'll have the guest room all ready for you!!

zeeny said...

I am totally jealous and not ashamed to say it!!!

Lexi said...

Fun! Just a temperature check. The pool water was 92 degrees in our pool this morning. :-) I can't wait to see it all done!

I stinketh not!! said...

Wow thats looking awesome. When it's all done i better see an pool party invite in my mail box. :) The boys will sure love having it done.

Kassi said...

Looking good! It looks like the boys are loving all the construction going on!