Saturday, September 29, 2007

The lo-ong wait is over!!

Last weekend marked the first official day of fall and seven months of us being in our new home. So how did we celebrate? Drum roll please...
We swam in our new pool!!
The pool was officially "swimmable" as of last Saturday morning once it finished filling and the "start-up" chemicals were added. We've been enjoying it as much as possible since then, even though it isn't considered officially "completed" until our diving board is installed...later this coming week.

We love having it and look forward to spending as much time as possible in it before it gets too cold. Yes, even though we're in the desert that just saw the hottest summer on record (32 days of 110 degree plus weather), it is beginning to cool off now.

Anyone who wants to, is more than welcome to come join us in the pool for some fun!

Next large scale project: landscaping what is left of our backyard. : )

10 comments:

EstesSBTAK said...

Super awesome! Looks like a ton of fun! I will be excited to see the landscaping too! Your own personal oasis! Too fun!

smlaw said...

Wow! I love the little waterfall part of it. I can't wait to see it in person.

I stinketh not!! said...

I'm so coming over...You guys look like your having a blast. Whats the temp out there? I sure miss you.. but I will see you soon.. I've been taking the temple prep classes.

zippy said...

Dear "i stinketh not!!"--
It too me a second to figure out your new display name--what's the story behind you choosing it? I'm so excited for you (temple prep classes, a new duck, etc.) When can we expect you? Oh, and when is the big day for you? BTW: the temperature today was 95 degrees.

Bonster said...

That is soooo coool! The pool looks like so much fun, swim it up for us!!!

I stinketh not!! said...

In Alma 19:5 the queen says of her husband 'some say he is dead and that he stinketh,... but for myself, to me he doth not stink'. I had gotten a shirt that says 'I stinketh not' while I was at girl's camp and really liked it. I was envouis that i had no clever name so... I think it fits me the best :). The temple prep class is wonderful. I think I'm going to do baptism's on the stake temple day in Oct. But still unsure about the rest of it all. I will keep you posted :) Oh, if you have another name that might sit better, I'm open for suggestions :)

Kassi said...

Love the pool! I really like the waterfall and the shape of it. I'm very jealous that it was 95 degrees there - it is getting cold here and I hate the cold! Also, I'm very excited to see you guys at Thanksgiving - I think most all of the Schank fam will be here!

Julie said...

I can't believe it is already done! Yeah! Now it's time for the solar heating...;)

I think I have been in AZ too long, because I thought this summer was the nicest one we have had in the last 6 years!

Happy swimming!

Natalie said...

I am so green with envy!! What a beautiful pool... you all look great! ENJOY ~

Christine said...

Oooh, that looks fantastic!