Mischief and Peaceful Endings
The day after Thanksgiving we divided our time amongst many things. While I went out in the morning to do some shopping with Mom and C, Big J stayed home with N, M, and Lil' J (who was battling a fever, cough, runny nose, etc.) Out shopping, the girls and I didn't get into too much trouble, but at home...one of the boys managed to get himself into a great big mess! One guess as to which little monkey it was--
Apparently Lil' J felt his chapped lips and nose needed another coating of Vaseline to provide relief...except he forgot to stop the application at just his lips and nose!! Fortunately he only got it on himself and not Gpa and Gma's carpet, couch, cushions, etc!! If Big J had not spotted him when he did, perhaps Lil' J may have managed to coat much more--I shudder to think!
Later that night, we left our boys home to hang out with Gpa, Gma and Uncle N while we took Aunt C into Reno for some Christmas shopping, a visit to the temple, and later, dinner and a movie at D and M's with the CC Schank's.
Last year, Gma and Gpa S decided that they wanted to start a tradition of attending the temple together the day after Thanksgiving each year. Last year, Gpa helped Gma start the tradition and this year all the family members that could, went there to help Gma carry on the tradition. It was such a neat experience to be there with so many family members and what a better way, and place, to pay tribute to the memory of our late Gpa S than to gather 'round Gma S in peace and love at the temple!!
3 comments:
Ok that is way too cute. I sure missed you guy's. Glad you made it home after all your holiday trips. You seem to be a globe 'left coast' trotter latly. Email me when you get a few extra minutes.
So funny - My mom likes to tell the story of when I smeared vaseline on myself, the cat, and the coffee table in the living room... Perhaps that is where my little monkey gets his instincts to make messes!
What a great tradition of going to the temple. I love the greased kiddo!
Post a Comment