Our last full day with family in NV, Big J's other Gpa and Gma S drove up from CA for a visit. While they were at Dad and Mom's, we all enjoyed riding. Uncle N and his trusty sidekick M began the day by riding bikes.
Gpa taught M that a good cowboy always looks after his horse and saddle. Before saddling up to ride, Gpa cleaned and trimmed Sorely's hooves. Perhaps because I'm a "city girl" and had never been exposed to this, I thought this was so-o interesting to watch...I just had to snap a few pictures of the whole process!
When M was done ridin', he took his "saddle" and hung it up where Gpa keeps it. My favorite part about this picture is the look of concentration on M's face! Good job cowboy!After horse riding, we all moved on to riding D and B's quads, as well as B's Rhino. CA Gpa and Gma S even took the Rhino for a spin!
By the end of the afternoon, I got to ride on a quad with Big J--and what an unforgettable ride that was! As many of you know, a thrill seeker I am not!! Okay, so I'm a big time chicken--big deal! Here is the "big deal" as I saw it:
- On this ride, I felt Big J drove a lot faster than the first time he took me out on one (five years ago) and I let him and everyone within hearing distance of our ride know it!! As I'm bear hugging the love of my life, the wind is whipping through my hair, the sand is blowing into my eyes, nose, ears, and especially my mouth as I insist on yelling at the top of my lungs--partly out of fear, partly because I hoped if I yelled maybe Big J would hear me saying: "I DON'T LIKE IT WHEN I FLY OFF THE SEAT!!!"
- We rode over to see NV Gma S and say goodbye. She told me that as we drove past her back picture window she and Aunt E thought to themselves, "Now why would Z be riding with that CRAZY driver cousin A?" (Cousin A is known for driving quads like a daredevil.) When we walked inside, boy were they surprised to find that I wasn't with cousin A but with Big J!! Apparently I wasn't the only one who thought my sweetheart had gone wild!
- Oh don't worry, despite my yelling and the lecture he got from NV Gma S and Aunt E, Big J still drove like a madman on the moonlit ride back to Dad and Mom's place, and I continued to hold on for my dear life and somehow managed not to go flying off the back of that quad! Thanks for the ride of life time honey--can't wait for the next one...when I'll be driving! I'm all smiles in this picture because it was taken before we began our memorable ride!
What wonderful memories we have of our Thanksgiving adventures in NV! It's no wonder we didn't want to come back home--we were all spoiled while we were there!


1 comment:
Looks like a lot of fun - so nice to be near lots of family!
Post a Comment