Monday, February 11, 2008

Mommy's Busy!

Since the little guys are asleep, Big J is at work, and I'd rather blog than fold laundry right now, I figured I'd prolong the inevitable a bit longer and post a few updates. : )
___________

Once I got the boys tucked in for the night, I headed to the computer to text Big J to give him an update on how the day has gone. Moments after I sat down, the following took place:

I heard a little monkey coming my way (the incomprehensible jabber gave him away.) I let him approach without saying anything.

As he began to say "Mommy...?" (in a very chipper tone),
I instantly knew that if I turned around all it would take to melt away my resolve would be one look into his big, beautiful brown eyes followed by a flash of his disarming grin; so before he had a chance to finish I firmly said, without even turning around, "Go back to bed!"

As he left I heard a big sigh, followed by a dejected, "oh-kay" and I went back to my text message. Not two minutes had passed and I knew we were headed for a repeat of the above scenario, so...this time before he could even speak I again firmly said (without turning to look at him), "Go back to bed!" Again the dejected "oh-kay!"

Turning to finish my text, I heard Li'l J say the following: Go sleep 'Da-shu' (Li'l J's name for M), mommy's busy!

I don't know the purpose behind his attempts to get my attention, but what he said upon returning to his bed (for the last time) sure did get my attention! It's true, I have been busy lately (see following post)...and as it turns out, maybe too busy if my little monkey has picked up on it!

A few minutes later, once all was quiet on the bedtime front, I went in for a peek and found both boys sound asleep. I soaked in the beauty of their peaceful faces, gave them each another kiss, and reminded myself that no matter what else needs my attention, I need to make sure my boys know I will always make time for them!

3 comments:

Montserrat said...

Awww, look at that face! How can you resist that little guy? He is so darn cute.

zippy said...

That face is the reason I knew better than to turn around! : )

Bonster said...

It's nice to hear that you melt into putty with your kids too! I have such a hard time when they are crankin up the cute-o-meter at bed time! (esspeciall when J is at work!) You are an awesome mom, love reading your posts!