Thursday, February 14, 2008

Our Story

Happy Valentine's Day! Here is tag #1 I'm answering--have fun learning a bit more about us!

Big J and I were introduced to each other by a mutual friend. For me it was "love at first sight!" I knew right off that Big J was different than any other guy I had dated and that I wanted to get to know him better to see if I was right. When I asked our mutual friend if he would set me up with Big J, he said, "No, if something is meant to work out between the two of you it will happen on it's own." And it did work out, though our mutual friend did encourage us a bit here and there and ultimately did end up arranging our first date. : ) We were friends first, then dated for four months, though we began talking about getting married by the end of the third month, and then were engaged for six months.

I spent the first two months (two lo-ng months) of our engagement student teaching in Mexico--the phone bills were horrendous! Though I don't remember, my roommate told me upon our return to BYU that I wasn't very pleasant to be around on the afternoons when the internet wasn't working at the internet cafe we would go to! But it seems to hold true even today, keep me away from my sweetheart for too long and I do get rather grouchy!

The last four months of our engagement were busy and quick ones filled with the usual preparations for our wedding. I graduated from BYU two months before we were married, and spent the last two months job and apartment hunting.

When I arrived at the temple the morning of our wedding, I found out upon check-in that Big J had not yet arrived and was no where to be found! I was fine until I saw G'ma M come in, when I saw her I asked if she knew where Big J was. G'ma M said that Big J and his parents had left her house about an hour before she and G'pa had, and that she thought they would surely have been at the temple long before her! Uh-oh! I was beginning to get nervous when Big J and his family finally came in about 20 minutes later...they had been on the temple grounds making a few last minute purchases at the Distribution Center! Other than arriving to the temple on time, Big J has not kept me waiting any other time in the last 8 1/2 years! Thanks Big J for choosing me as your Valentine! I love you 'forever and always!'

3 comments:

Montserrat said...

Hehehe, I remember very vividly J's parents telling me all about you when they realized you were "THE ONE" for him. They were so excited!

Anonymous said...

You haven't changed a bit! Just as beautiful as on your wedding day. Big J, wow... Dare I say "cradle robber" Z! LOL I am too so it's all good. Hee-hee.

Jenna Harris said...

This is so sweet!