Thursday, April 3, 2008

Snapshot Showcase

A Pleasant Surprise!

Since I missed the last two Sunday's for this weekly post, I thought I'd make up for it with a really good snapshot. : ) I will admit that while I was not the one who took the snapshot, the subject of the snapshot is near and dear to my heart.


Surprise! Yes, we are expecting a baby. Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you baby #3! Through our ultrasound last week, we found out that not only is baby doing well--growing well without any abnormalities--but we also found out that baby #3 is a :

GIRL!!

She wasn't shy at all about showing who she is, so we are certain we will have a little girl join our family by the end of August. We are so-o excited to meet her (though I'm not too thrilled about being pregnant in the heat of an AZ summer)!! We had resigned ourselves a long time ago to only having boys (it's the Schank way you know!) so when the ultrasound tech said, "It's a girl!" we were very pleasantly surprised...I couldn't stop the tears from rolling down my face. : )

24 comments:

Bonster said...

oh,oh,oh SOOOO AWESOME!!!!! I'm am sooo excited for you Z! That is just amazing! Congrats, and YIPPY!

Montserrat said...

Hooray! That explains Cindy Lauper singing right now on your blog. :D I'm so excited for you!

Amber said...

I am so happy for you!! I did not even know you were prego! Girls are so sweet. Missed you today at the picnic in the park. TTYL :)

Jenna Harris said...

Oh Zoila!!! I'm soooooooo happy/excited for you. A girl! (I think every woman needs at least one, although Karissa would disagree.)

Really, truly, Wendell's already out of the doghouse, but *shhhh* don't tell him. I should be able to milk his repentance for a while. :)

So yes! I'm going to make him do an announcement for you. You can email us the picks. Perhaps you could have the wording that your boys are happy to announce the arrival of their baby sister kinda thing. That would be cute.

CONGRATS!!!

zeeny said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you and you will have so much fun with a girl! Are you planning natural again or not?! Hope you're feeling well!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting! I didn't even realize you were pregnant. How fun! I'm happy for you. We know you make cute boys, so this lucky little girl will be adorable too!

EstesSBTAK said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you.. little girls are soo much fun!

Christine said...

Congratulations, that is absolutely fantastic!!! I hope that you are feeling well!

Schmath said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Kim Dubois said...

I'm so, so happy for you guys! Congratulations!

Lexi said...

Total and complete CONGRATS! Thank goodness for the pool! You WILL survive the summer heat and your little girl will be born a natural swimmer!

Natalie said...

Congrats to you all! Your boys will make such fun big brothers... Hope you start feeling well!

Camille said...

Yeah yeah Yeah! We can't wait to meet her too!

chellae said...

What a treat! I saw your post on my blog today and thought I'd missed something (which I had since I haven't been keeping up with people much since I've been laying on the couch for most of the last several weeks). What a joy to have a little girl. A is pretty sure ours is going to be a boy.

C Smoot said...

Congrats on your exciting news missy!!!! Finally, another girl in the household.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I heard that you might be pregnant and I'm glad that it's true. Girls are great! Call if you need anything.

Guinevere said...

Yeah for baby girls!!! What wonderful news. How lucky that sweet baby is to be coming to your house. CONGRATS...on your upcoming sweetie!!

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

A girl...Yippee! your boy babies are so cute so your little ou girl will be darling! let me help you with the boys so you can survive the summer

Sarah said...

What! I had no idea! Another member of the Girls' Club! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Once again, I'm really glad you are in the PINK!

Kassi said...

Yea!!! I too have resigned myself to mostly boys, actually I am hoping for mostly boys, but you have to be able to do the pink once! My mom and I will have to start looking for pink!

Leah said...

I am soooo excited for you! Congrats!

Marie said...

Congratulations! I wish we were closer so we could meet her, too!

Meri said...

That is SO cool. What great news!!!!! I am so happy. and... a girl? Wow!