Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sunday Sights in Saratoga

Mother's Day 2008 was a beautiful day in Saratoga! I met S at church and we enjoyed a nice Sacrament Meeting together. The Primary children sang sweetly and we enjoyed the talks on Mother's given by three wonderful people MP, MR, and CP.

I never did make it to Sunday School (sorry PL...I'm sure you gave a wonderful lesson! If it's any consolation, being in the Nursery or in Primary the last year and a half, I've missed every SS lesson J-rod has ever give in our new ward) as I spent that hour visiting with many wonderful ward members. It was great to see all those beautiful people again!

I did manage to make it Relief Society (though late, I have to admit--again, big surprise I was out visiting) where I was enlightened and uplifted by a beautiful lesson on the Priesthood. After Relief Society, most of the sisters in the ward gathered out on the lawn for a group picture.

After church, I spent the bulk of the afternoon driving in and around Saratoga taking pictures of the surrounding area and visiting with old neighbors and friends. I spent a bit of time walking around the beautiful Saratoga Spa State Park where I took in the beautiful green scenery and stopped to fill my water bottle at one of the yummy natural springs, something I can't believe I never mangaged to do in the five years I lived there!
Driving around it was fun to see what in Saratoga has changed and what has stayed the same since we were last there. While it was so-o fun to visit the area and spend time with friends there, I realized while driving around that our move from NY to AZ was the right decision at the right time for our little family.

Once I'd had a chance to "take in" the area and visit with friends one last time, I met up with S and four other wonderful ladies to begin our road trip to NYC. Somehow we managed to fit all of our stuff into her van...it was quite the feat!

No comments: