As many of you know, for Mother's Day my wonderful J-rod and boys gave me a six-day trip to NY so I could be with a dear friend while she went through the temple for the first time. J-rod and the boys did well while I was gone (not only was M's homework done, the house in order, the laundry done but, J-rod was even able to complete a few projects! Yay J-rod!!) and I had a wonderful trip!
I made it back home late last Wednesday night and have been getting caught up ever since: sleeping, spending time with J-rod and the boys before J-rod began working nights, sleeping, running errands, sleeping, enjoying the pool with the boys, sleeping, going to Stake Conference, sleeping, reading The Host, sleeping, and basically just getting back into our daily routine.
Can you tell I didn't get very much sleep on my trip? Who has time to sleep when there's so much fun to be had in such a short length of time? Not me!! Normally running on little sleep wouldn't be a problem, I'm a mom--don't all moms live on very little sleep? But being pregnant, I just don't function well without the extra naps here and there. : )
Now that I've had time to "recover," I'm ready to attack the laundry I brought home with me, the dishes that piled up yesterday and many other projects I've put on hold (decorating the boys room, making a mini-scrapbook for M's teacher, sending out belated birthday presents, reading everyone else's blogs, etc.) My plan for today is to get a hold of the laundry and dishes, and then begin blogging about my trip--there is so-o much to share!! Tomorrow I'll begin work on the rest--let's see how much I actually get done this week. : )


2 comments:
You really looked exhausted the last day in NYC. Take care of yourself! Everything else can wait a bit.
Glad you are able to catch up on some sleep when you got home. I know just how necessary those naps are when you're pregnant!
Post a Comment