Monday, June 23, 2008

Next Special Day: Baby Shower

In addition to a birthday, Father's Day, and our anniversary (which I will post about shortly), this June we also got to enjoy another special day: a baby shower. To help us get ready for our little girl's arrival, my good friend J threw me an "Extreme Makeover--Nursery Edition" themed baby shower.

The clever invite

The great group of gals who came over to help out...minus two others that came by after this pic was taken.

The breakfast bar.

After fueling up on breakfast, I got to open presents (though the idea was that every one's present to me would be the work they were about to put in...) before we all got to work.

Thanks to great friends, this will be one well dressed little girl--they started her off with a fabulous wardrobe!

A few gals braved the heat and headed outdoors to work on updating the look of the changing table and crib.

Those who stayed indoors, taped off and painted the bottom third of the walls in the nursery a key lime green (to match the bedding). We ran out of time before we could finish the upper two-thirds of the wall (a satin finish white over the flat contractors white) but what did get done was a GREAT start!

Thank you ladies for a fun-filled morning! I so-o appreciate you joining the little painting party to get me going on the baby's room--you're the best!

After the upper portion of the walls are completed, our plan is to add a light pink chair rail. I will post more pictures as the progress continues.

7 comments:

Montserrat said...

What a neat idea for a baby shower! You're looking great by the way. :D

Bonster said...

What a super fun idea, that is so cool!! Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

it looks like you guys had fun. I so wish i could have been there. i would of if we werent in cali at sea world visiting shamu. any way. what a cute idea, and i can't wait to see the finished product

Natalie said...

What a clever idea for a baby shower... This little girl is going to love her new room!

Stephanie said...

I am so glad your shower went well! It looks like so much fun! I totally wanted to be there. Next time, I'll try not to have a baby a few days before your shower.

Sarah said...

Cute Idea!

Anonymous said...

It turned out so well and it was sooo... fun! I'm excited to see how it looks when it's all done. If you need anymore help, you just give me a call and I'll be there.