Saturday, June 7, 2008

Piggy-tails, band-aids, and jet planes

My last day in NY, I got to spend it with my good friend K and her darling little A. While K got up bright and early to put in half a day of work, little A and I got to sleep in.

I was a bit worried that little A might be frightened when she awoke to find me...a total stranger...as her caretaker instead of her mom, but to my surprise, no. When I heard little A awake in her crib, I went into her room to introduce myself and was immediately greeted with a great big smile and the sharing of a stuffed animal. I was impressed by this little angel's friendly and welcoming demeanor.

Once little A and I got acquainted, we went about getting ready for the day. After breakfast, I set little A to play while I packed for my flight home later in the day. On one of my many trips in and out of the guest room, I came across this beautiful little girl intently focused on something:

Once I looked to where she was looking,
I discovered the source of her entertainment:

Piggy-tail holders galore!

Once we collected all the piggy-tail holders and put them away, I redirected little A's attention to her toys and went back to finish my packing. A few minutes later I came back out and saw she had found something else equally entertaining:

Band-aids galore!

Notice the ones she was able to get out of the wrapper? Yep, it's apparent at only 16 months that she definitely takes after her mom and dad...she's one smart cookie!!

When K got home from work, I showed her the pictures of little A I had taken, and we had a good laugh! I told K that I think her little A would give our little J a run for his money should we ever get those two together!

Once I was all done packing up, K kindly drove me down a ways so I could visit briefly with my good friend T and her little ones in their gorgeous new house--it was so-o good to see them again! After our visit, we made a quick stop at Moe's to pick up some lunch for me to take with on the plane (we have Moe's in AZ, just not anywhere close to us and have missed it!!)

At the airport I realized I was not part of an early boarding group for my Southwest flight and decided I wanted to make sure I got a good seat at the front of the plane where I could stand and stretch my legs during my long journey, as well as make my way to the restroom frequently, so I ventured over to the customer service desk to ask if I qualified to "pre-board." I figured it never hurts to ask, right? The kind lady at the desk took one look at my BIG belly, and said "ah, YES!" Thank goodness for small miracles! : ) So soon after, I was "leaving on a jet-plane" headed home to see my boys!


My NY story ends here, with this last post. Thank you to all involved in making this trip possible and above all, memorable! Like the song I alluded to earlier says, "I don't know when I'll be back again", but until that day arrives I definitely have some wonderful memories to look back on!

Up next...what we've been up to since I've been home. : )

1 comment:

Meri said...

What a blessing it was to be with all of us? It was a treat for us to be with you! Take care, dear friend; until we meet again... in the meantime we'll check each other's blogs!