Saturday, June 7, 2008

Day 2 in NYC--subways, taxis, and the temple

50th Street Subway Station...I just LOVED the look of this old sign.

This second morning in NYC dawned dry, bright, and beautiful! After enjoying a yummy and filling continental breakfast at the hotel and checking out, we made our way back to NYC via the Lincoln Tunnel again. We took a ride on the subway across town to Canal Street in China Town, where we shopped to our hearts content for you guessed it--PURSES! Though I didn't buy myself a purse on this trip, I did find a snazzy little suitcase on wheels that I knew I would need for the return trip to AZ.
I LOVE my sassy NYC suitcase!

While making our way down Canal Street, our group of six became a group of ten with four wonderful ladies from the Saratoga Ward joined us for the remainder of the day...they had taken the train very early in the morning to meet up with us in the city. Thanks gals--so glad you got to come too!!

After shopping on Canal Street, S and I took a taxi to the beautiful Manhattan Temple where everyone met up with us later for a very special afternoon. The feelings we were all left with after attending the temple were very tender, and what wonderful memories we will all have from that visit!

To end the day, all ten of us headed over to Junior's for a delicious dinner and dessert. We had a great waiter--a very jolly young man named Peter who came to the United States about 3 years ago from Poland. The ten of us kept Peter busy, but he did a great job keeping up with us!

Food for thought: if you're in a restaurant famous for the delicious items on it's menu and the group you are seated next to gets a bit noisy (I mean really, with ten ladies it was bound to get loud! Hee, hee, hee!), if the noise level were too loud for you, would you ask to be moved to a "quieter" location in the restaurant or would you simply get up and leave? The group next to us opted to leave...so sad for them! Did they even notice that not a single one of us was drinking any alcohol? Our happiness was totally natural! : )


No comments: