Friday, August 1, 2008

Through the Years

Cool cousin Kassi tagged me with this:

20 Years Ago:

1. I had just survived my first year of middle school.

2. I was getting ready to go to my first year of YW Girls Camp--yes, I really am that old!

3. I wanted to take French as my foreign language elective the coming school year, but that was vetoed by my mom who said I needed to feel comfortable with my first language (Spanish) first.

10 Years Ago:

1. I had just taken the LSAT.

2. I was getting ready for my last year at BYU.

3. I had no idea I would meet my Mr. Right in a couple months!

5 Years Ago:

1. We had just moved from S.C. to N.Y.

2. We lived in a hotel for a month while waiting for our first house to be completed.

3. Three days after attending our N.Y. ward for the first time, I was called into the Primary Presidency--yikes!

3 Years Ago:

1. We had just returned from taking our first trip in three years from the East back West.

2. While on our trip we saw family and friends in Northern and Southern California, as well as Nevada.

3. Also on this trip, we took the boys to Disneyland for the first time--they LOVED it!

1 Year Ago:

1. We were settling into our new life in AZ.

2. As part of settling in, we began the process of having a pool built in the backyard--yay!

3. We had just returned from taking road trip #6 of 10 for 2007.

So Far This Year:

1. We've painted and redecorated two rooms: the boys room, and the nursery.

2. We bought a new car...that we LOVE!

3. We've only taken 3 road trips--what? Oh yeah, the price of gas.

Yesterday:

1. The boys and I ran a few errands then...

2. spent the afternoon at a Mom's Club Pool Party.

3. Helped provide dinner for a couple families in our ward whose patriarch just passed away.

Today I...

1. ...will take M to the eye doctor.

2. ...will visit my OB.

3. ...will do some back-to-school shopping with M. I wish I could delay the start of school for a few more weeks, but I'm not in charge so..."Ce la vie!"

Tomorrow I...

1. ...will attend the funeral of a wonderful gentleman from our ward.

2. ...will hopefully make some headway on a few projects that have been on hold for quite some time.

3. ...will take our boys to the ward swim party.

No comments: