Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fun in a Flash

Though this weekend was considered a "long weekend" for many, it sure went by too quickly for us! My dear sister A came for a visit and we all had so much fun with her here!!! The boys couldn't get enough of their Aunt A, and LOVED that she played some of their favorite board games with them.

The Game of Life

Monday while J-rod was hard at work, Aunt A, the kids, and I went to see High School Musical 3. We all enjoyed it, even Baby A! Being the doting aunt that she is, Aunt A spoiled us by providing us all with some HSM3 gear: the boys got HSM3 bandannas (to wear like Troy Bolton); Baby A got a cute shirt (that fit her like a little dress); and I got the movie soundtrack (which has been left on repeat by my boys.)


For FHE Monday night we played a fun scripture game from this month's Friend. Here Baby A, with J-rod's help of course, is doing the hand motions to "Book of Mormon Stories."


"Book of Mormon stories that my teachers tell to me..."



"Are about the Lamanites in ancient history..."

Tuesday as Aunt A was packing up to go back home, Li'l J couldn't stand the thought of her leaving. At first he was pacified when Aunt A asked him to help her pack, but then after all the packing was done, he disappeared. Where was he? He had stowed himself away in her car with her luggage! Wish I had thought to take a picture! After lots of hugs and tears, we told the boys they could make a count-down chain to when we'd see her again for Thanksgiving.

Baby A was napping when Aunt A left, so when she woke up and discovered that her aunt was gone...she was not a happy camper. I was making dinner and couldn't get to Baby A right away, so her sweet big brother M stepped in to cheer her up. He turned up the music (the HSM3 soundtrack of course!), sang along, and moved Baby A's arms as though she were a little cheerleader. I think he did a fabulous job cheering her up, don't you?

"Cheer up li'l sister!"

6 comments:

Montserrat said...

The boys look very "Troy-esque" in thier bandanas. And, that picture of baby A doing the Lamanite motions is so darn cute!

Stephanie said...

Oh so cute! I adore your family! I love how M entertained his sister! That is so sweet! Big siblings are so great! And Baby A is getting even more beautiful! How does that happen? I didn't think you could improve on perfection! Her face looks like lil J to me and I adore it!

Anonymous said...

How sweet, I love sweet babies. I love older siblings they can sure help out.

I stinketh not!! said...

Looks like a ton of fun, for sure! I think A is looking alot like you. She has your smile, and who dosen't need more zippy smiles.

Abe n Linz said...

Your little girl is so darling. I can't wait to meet and hold her!
By the way, the oreo apple was delicious, and I don't think they'd be that hard to make.

Anonymous said...

How fun to have auntie in for a visit! Baby A does look very happy and oh so sweet. : )