Monday, April 27, 2009

Marvelous Monday

Today started out as a ho-hum, dol-drum overcast gray Monday and I thought to myself "Oh no! It's gonna be one of those Mondays followed by one of those weeks!" True, the brilliant sunny blue skies I've grown accustomed to and LOVE, aren't so blue today and it's true that lately I've been feeling restless and unaccomplished, but I'm feeling much better now. Why? Nothing out of the ordinary happened today: most of the items on my "To Do" list still remain undone; the creativity bug is still nipping at my heel and there still remain many projects left for me to finish and MANY more I would like to begin; the April showers we got didn't bring us flowers but LOTS of weeds; and my treadmill is still feeling neglected. So, why do I feel better?

Baby A who is now eight months old has learned to wave "hi", puts her arms up above her head when you ask her, "Who's so big?"; has discovered the joy of graham crackers; and can be put down for a nap without having to be nursed or rocked to sleep first. How could anyone feel "dol-drums" in the presence of such a happy child? : )
Waving "Hi!"

"Who's SO big?"

Yum-o!

Next, Li'l J came home from preschool eager to do more schoolwork andhis homework instead of just wanting to spend the afternoon watching T.V. or playing the Wii...uh, what? It's true, after eating lunch and watching one half-hour episode of one of his favorites, World World, he told me he was ready to do school work. So school work-away the afternoon we did! First we pulled out the stack of old magazines, the kid scissors, and a glue-stick and set away to tackle the challenge of finding pictures of things that start with the letter of the week: K, to complete Li'l J's homework collage. Once we exhausted the options in our magazines and finished off his collage, Li'l J turned to his Thomas the Train number worksheets.

Collage tools satisfy Zippy's nipping creativity bug!

K words: kids, kitchen, Kool-Aid, kittens, keys, and "Kick a ball"

More schoolwork please!

All this I did while hanging out in my utmost favorite "home for the day" attire and listening to some good, kid friendly tunes on a new station we discovered today. "Toddler Tunes" not only included songs Li'l J could sing along to and that Baby A happily danced to, but some classics remade that I could sing along and dance to like Simon & Garfunkel, The Beatles, and Jack Johnson. Yay, it's turned out to be a pretty good day and it's not over yet!

Favorite attire: comfy pj's!! An instant Zippy "pick-me-up".

2 comments:

Lexi said...

So cute! Thanks for letting me hold that cutie pie. Nothing like a snuggly baby to fill a well!

Anonymous said...

What a nice read. Love the pic of your pajamas!