Her first day here we introduced her to the world of Cub Scouts by roping her into helping us finish off some neckerchief slides for our Pack Meeting that night. Then that night we whisked her off to our Pack Meeting with us where she got a good taste at just what a busy little monkey our Li'l J has become from the calm little baby boy she remembers! Since J-rod was working nights, having S at Pack Meeting to help me out with Li'l J and Baby A was a lifesaver! After the PM, dinner, and getting the kids off to bed, S and I stayed up into the wee hours of the early morning chatting and catching up.

The next morning after getting the boys off to school, S, Baby A and I went shopping! Such fun! Since that afternoon was such a nice one, we spent some time out at the pool. The boys had way too much fun trying to get S wet while she tried to take in some sun!
The third day of her stay we dyed each others hair (my very first time EVER coloring my hair!) and got ready to take in the local outdoor Easter Pageant that night. Once M came home from school, off we went with the three kids to get some yummy dinner and see the Pageant. What a great way to get ready for Easter!
M with a Roman Soldier
Costco is where S treated my kids to lunch on her fourth day so that I could do some Easter shopping sans kids--thanks again S! After Costco we came home to help M get ready to go to our ward Father & Son Camp out...minus his dad! Again, J-rod was working nights so a good friend volunteered to take M with him and his two sons. Thanks D for letting M come along for a good time! M hasn't had too much camping experience, but it is ironic to note that the only other time he has gone tent camping it was a Father & Son Camp out (with J-rod that time)...also in the rain! Yes, you read that correctly we got wind and rain...A LOT of it! Regardless of the wind, rain, and cold, M had SUCH a good time that the next day when he returned home, he VOLUNTARILY took a nap that lasted almost three hours...that boy was worn out! Earlier this week our bishop shared with me that he could tell M was having a good time at the camp out because "without fail, every time" our bishop saw M during the camp out, he was talking! Anyone surprised? I told the bishop, that is a mark that he is definitely his mother's son. : )
The night of the camp out, S, Baby A, D's wife K and daughter A, all had a girls night out....well, almost. Li'l J had been battling a nasty case of annoying asthma all week long so I kept him home from the camp out. We went to the Olive Garden for dinner where Li'l J threw up...ugh! Was it car sickness? The return of the stomach flu? Since Li'l J seem to bounce right back after he threw up, we determined it must just have been all the coughing from the asthma that had irritated his stomach (and since no one else got sick and his asthma only worsened later that night, I'm gonna guess we assessed correctly). So, we continued with our girls night as planned. After dinner we did some shopping at Old Navy and Target. Li'l J was just fine at Old Navy, but at Target he laid down in the cart and tried to sleep...hmm. As we were approaching the check-out, grr!...Li'l J lost the rest of his dinner and ended up getting an entire new outfit because he was already wearing the spare set of clothes I keep for him in the car! I was mortified, what kind of mother am I to be taking a sick kid shopping? S and K were very kind, helpful, and comforting throughout the whole night. Not only did they help me get through the night with a sick little guy, but then when we got home they stayed up late with me for pretty pedicures--seriously, thank you ladies you're the best!
After a somewhat adventurous week at our house, we said our goodbyes to S Saturday morning as she had to make her way toward family waiting to spend Easter with her. We had SO much fun with her here--can't wait 'til you can come visit again S! May the rest of your trip be a safe and enjoyable one!


4 comments:
I've gotta know... what's your new hair color???
Hey, I think I recognize that couch...!
What color is your hair????
Love,
Mom :)
That was the best part of my trip :) sure miss ya guys. Hope all is well, I'll try to email ya later. Just been SOOOOO busy as i'm sure you are :) miss ya all
Post a Comment