Thursday, July 16, 2009

Paradise: Day 2

I've gotten somewhat caught up on my chores for the day, the boys have a friend over and are happily watching a movie, and after a long day of serving at the cannery J-rod is taking a little nap with Baby A...hopefully she will stay down for a bit. So...I will now attempt to get somewhat back on track with updating our blog.

The theme for our second day in paradise was: total relaxation.


We started out the day under the palm trees in comfy hammocks, then headed over to the resort spa for a complimentary message. This was a first for J-rod and completely out of his comfort zone, but he survived and I LOVED my massage as it was oh-so soothing!

After our massage we had a delicious brick oven baked lunch (pizza and calzone) and then went poolside to swim and relax some more. While poolside, another couple celebrating their 40th anniversary at the resort gave us a tip: "have an order of fresh guacamole and chips brought to you from the poolside grill--it's the best!" And you know what? It certainly was! That was definitely not the last time we ordered it while at the resort. : )

The brick oven = a YUM-O lunch!


TOTALLY relaxed!

After swimming in the gorgeous pool, we headed to the beach where we walked along the shoreline, took in the beautiful scenery, and surprise...relaxed yet again on one of the GIANT (and very comfy) seaside beds. While listening to the sound of the waves lapping the shoreline, both J-rod and I ended up falling asleep, taking what turned out to be a nice afternoon nap (because apparently all the relaxing had worn us out), and woke up nice and toasty to a slight sunburn--ouch!


Where the three rivers meet the Caribbean Sea



Our final destination

What a perfect day!

6 comments:

Janet said...

you know a lot more about taking vacation than I do! I wouldn't even know where to begin booking a vacation like that. Are you a travel agent on the side?

Abe n Linz said...

Sleeping in a bed on the beach. . . my dreeeammm!

Schmath said...

Where is that? I have to go there.

TheLadiesRoom said...

I am so jealous! We celebrate number ten in Nov.... =) These pics are great. I just about died when I saw the pics of the beds... I've never seen anything like that before. SO Cool!

Heather said...

wow! those pics are amazing! I dont dare let Richard look at them. He searved his mission in the Yukatan Pininsula, and he gets really home sick for the area anytime he looks at pictures from there. I hope that we can go some day to have fun, but also so that he can go see places that he knows so well.

Anonymous said...

The beds... Totally to die for! Massage... Well, you know how I feel about that. : ) Just gorgeous and I bet it was sooo... fun.