Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Escape, Day 3

The day after our jeep tour, we headed up into the mountains to play for a bit at a nearby state park. This park is located in what originally was a 43 acre apple farm adjacent to a creek in the canyon. Along the creek bottom is a natural slick water chute. Now as some of you may well be aware, I am NOT a fan of water slides or slick under footing. However, I had such a good time on this natural water slide!!

The creek moved at a pleasant pace so that the "rapids" were fast enough to move you down the slides but not so fast that you got whip lash on your way down. We all enjoyed the natural slides as well as the wading pools. Along with hiking the creek bed and climbing the red rock walls with their dad, M and Li'l J had lots of fun trying to catch the fish as they swam by us...trying is the key word here! I think this is a spot we will definitely revisit in the future.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you guys been there in the Fall? It is absolutely gorgeous!!! We went every year when we lived in AZ to enjoy the Fall colors. I bet it's fun in the summer too though.