Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Fabulous Black Friday Find

After just about three years of living here, we still find ourselves in a quest to turn this house into our home.  Time and funds allowing, we are getting there little-by-little. 

Knowing that we are most likely going to be able to stay here for a while and set down some roots, we decided it was high time to invest in an entertainment center that would fit well in our family room.  So after months of searching for just the right piece, way back in November I finally found one on craigslist that not only J-rod and our wallet were happy with, but that absolutely I LOVE!! 


Of course after getting the entertainment center settled into our family room, it soon became apparent that J-rod's Christmas present would be purchased and used long before Christmas (which was fine as he is one difficult guy to shop for when it comes to Christmas, Father's Day, his birthday...his motto: "I don't need or want anything, I've got you!" a very nice sentiment, but a tough one for the kids to wrap and put under the tree!).

So after J-rod struck out at Wal-mart the morning of Black Friday, he came home, scoured the ads in the paper and online until he found something he thought might like, and off we went.  When the deal he had found online at Costco wasn't available in two of their local stores, we ended up at Ultimate Electronics where J-rod wheeled and dealed (using the Costco ad online) until he got a smokin' good deal on a new flat screen LED TV!  Merry Christmas honey, we love you AND the new TV so thanks for sharing your present with us!  Not only do we all like the new arrangement of the family room better, but watching football and movies at home NEVER looked so good as it does now!  Ahh the magic of technology. : )

8 comments:

Amy from Our Dish said...

Ooooo me likes! Well done!

Anonymous said...

Very, very nice. Looks fabulous!

The Fallon Schank's said...

How pretty! Good work! We love YOU!

Tiffin said...

It's gorgeous! And, I'm so happy to hear your family will be staying for a while!

gkgibson said...

Wow! It's beautiful! Amazing what some nice furniture will do!

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

I love it. which i have told you in person. but I didnt notice those cute pics with your new frames!!!! how fun. we did good huh?

Marie said...

Nice! You're a much better decorator than me. :) And the flash reflected in the tv is a nice touch.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! And I agree with Marie, I noticed the sparkle (flash) on the TV that made it look Oh So New!:-)