Saturday, February 27, 2010

Movies, Lights, and a little Shopping

While growing up my sister A and I were big fans of Alvin and the Chipmunks, so when the recent movies came out we were excited to share them with M and Li'l J.  Two years ago when we were last in CA for Christmas, Aunt A took the boys to see the first Alvin and the Chipmunks movie so it was fitting that while we were in CA for Christmas of '09 that they go see Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel with her.


The boys were happy see this movie with their Aunt A and can't wait for me to see it next.  Thanks A for taking our guys on a fun outing with you!

While Aunt A, M, and Li'l J were out at the movies, J-rod, C-sta and I headed on over to the L.A. Temple to walk around the grounds and enjoy the Christmas Lights display that was still up.  Going to the temple to see the Christmas Lights display was a favorite yearly tradition when I was growing up, so it was fun to go back and take our sweet little girl there.


C-sta LOVED being there! Free to run for a bit she wasn't too cooperative when it came to taking pictures with her though.  You can see in the collage that when trying to photograph her, she was either on the go or squirming in our arms--funny little girl!

Among the displays, some of my favorite trees to see decorated in lights have always been the palm trees--it's the Southern California in me!  Also a favorite for J-rod and I, the large roundish tree that sits directly across from the Visitors Center.  Due to the number of couples photographed in that tree on their wedding day, J-rod and I call it the 'kissing tree'...we even have pictures of us in that tree on our wedding day!  Such good memories held for us at that beautiful Temple and it's grounds.

After spending a fun evening at the Temple, we met up with Aunt A and the boys at one of our favorite sandwich shops--Panera Bread--for dinner.  Then J-rod took the boys home while Aunt A and I went to do a little After-Christmas shopping.  Another busy, but fun day!

1 comment:

TheLadiesRoom said...

Love the temple pictures. =)