Half-way through December I celebrated my birthday on what turned out to be a very busy day! First I took M to school where I spent about an hour with his class.
About a week before, I took my camera to school on a day I knew the class was having a substitute (the teacher was out at a conference) and took a couple good group shots of the entire class in the classroom. First I took a few nice ones to choose from, then a few goofy ones. I already had a nice frame to use, so with the help of another mom we had the kids sign their names on the matte. After the kids signed it, I added in the center bottom of the matte the name of the teacher, the class, and the year.
Since the theme M’s teacher has chosen for his room is “M&M’s” (because Mr. Y LOVES M&M’s!) I decorated the entire outside of the frame with M&M stickers I printed out (I had searched high and low and couldn't find M&M stickers ANYWHERE!). I ordered one of the nice ones in an 8x10 and one of the goofy ones in a 4x6. I matted and framed the nice one and made a greeting card with the 4x6 on the front. The inside of the card read: “We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!” With a sentiment of “Thanks for all you do for our kids! Love, Rm & their parents…" or something like that, my memory is fuzzy now.
The class presented it to Mr. Y along with a gift card (another class mom took up a collection from all the parents that wanted to participate and got him a gift card to his favorite restaurant) on the last day of class before the Christmas Break. Mr. Y LOVED it, said it’s the NICEST gift he’s ever been given as a teacher, and then said he couldn’t decide if he wanted to hang it in his classroom or at home (I think he finally went with displaying it at home). : )

After giving Mr. Y his presents from the class, it was time for the class to get to work on presenting originally scripted and performed plays based on classic fairy tales. M's group performed an adaptation of The Three Little Pigs meshed with Little Red Riding Hood. Each group was very creative in it's adaptation and performance. It was fun to watch, especially since I don't get to volunteer in M's class as often as before--I'm glad I got be there that morning! I just LOVE the animation on M's face as he is performing his part!!
Since this was the last day before the Christmas Break, both boys had put together treat cups for their friends and teachers that they gave out during their class parties later that day. What a good way to start of my birthday!


No comments:
Post a Comment