Monday, November 1, 2010
Prom 2010
In the middle of April J-rod and I went to Prom...as chaperone's. Every year our stake and several others in the area put on a very well decorated Prom weekend. Friday is Prom Night for the Adults (30+ yrs.), then later that same night a Prom for the Young Single Adults (18-30 yrs.) and from what we've heard, this is when the DJ really 'pumps up the volume!', and then Saturday night a Prom for the Youth (16-18 yrs). This was our first time attending any of them because in the three years we've lived here, J-rod has had to work during each Prom weekend. I had heard a lot about this Prom and just how much fun it is every year, but even though J-rod didn't have to work this year we originally hadn't planned on going (J-rod isn't a big fan of dancing!), but then he was asked to chaperon the youth on Saturday night. So, lucky me...I got to go to Prom with my sweetheart!!
We got a babysitter for the night, got all dressed up--J-rod even got me a corsage to go with my dress!-- went out to dinner at Flemings, and then danced the night away with our amazing youth. The theme this year was a Middle Eastern Bazaar. The decorations were nothing short of AMAZING!! From the moment you walked through the front doors, the stake center where it was held was completely transformed so that except for the wooden floor where we danced, you almost forgot you were in a church building! There was even a flying carpet above the dance floor! We had such fun, I can't believe we almost didn't go! I am already looking forward to going again next year!
Thanks for a great date night J-rod!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
What a cute couple!
Post a Comment