Friday, July 3, 2009

Paradise: Day 1

As it's been almost a week since our return, I cannot let another day go by without posting something about our incredible trip to paradise! Our kids did great without us for a week, and some how we managed to survive without them...we knew they were in great hands so we didn't worry about them but, boy did we miss them! If we didn't miss them, it sure would have made leaving this little piece of paradise to return to our normal life a whole lot harder! : )

The day after we got back from our Father's Day road trip, we handed over our kids, home, and vehicles to our dear friends the H family for five days and four nights and got away to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary at a resort in paradise (I mean...Cancun, Mexico).

When we arrived, we were greeted with these are the gorgeous views of the resort and the beach right from our room balcony:

The Resort Hacienda Tres Rios

One of the three rivers surrounding the resort

A view of the Caribbean Sea

After a delicious dinner that night, a group of local dancers put on an amazing fire show on the resort grounds. Using the night setting on our camera we got some pretty cool effects on the pictures we took. Here are some of our favorite shots from the show:

Great Balls of Fire!

Hula-hoop of Fire

The Wave

The Great Ring

More to follow, so stay tuned!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky! I wish I could go to Cancun! I'm glad you had a great time.

I stinketh not!! said...

Wow, way fun Z. I love the pics.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on ten years! Also, I'm looking forward to more pictures... hopefully people I know in them. ; )

Guinevere said...

Time flies when you're having fun...your pictures look amazing! What a wonderful way to celebrate! We miss you tons & love being able to keep up with your darling family! Happy summer cute lady!!