(click on the collage for an enlarged version)
When we lived in the East we had a FUN yearly fall tradition of picking and eating lots and lots of yummy, fresh apples, making, eating and canning applesauce, and of course, making and eating apple pies. Since moving away from the East, we've had to replace that tradition with a new one. Where we live now, early fall is ALL about peaches that come to us from beautiful UT. Even though we don't get to pick them ourselves, we get them while they are still very fresh and oh-so-YUMMY!!
The last two years we've ordered 1-2 30 lb. boxes of peaches and eaten most of them, and then frozen what was left. This year we got a bit more adventurous and tried our hand at canning peaches! Our good friend J came over last week (before we left for UT), and graciously gave up an entire day to help teach us how the entire process works. Our fun-filled day of canning included shopping (for some canning essentials we hadn't yet acquired), eating, laughing, and of course making a nice, big, sticky mess! Isn't that always part of the process when canning? I am happy to report that out of our 2-30lb boxes, we ended up canning 28 quarts of peaches (it would have been 30, but two wide-mouth jars broke while in the water bath--ugh)! I am so excited to can peaches again next fall, though I think we'll be ordering more than just 2 boxes next time. Didn't our jars turn out so nice and pretty? Thanks J, you're the best!
This give-away is now closed.




10 comments:
So I don't know if I'm supposed to just simply say What's wrong with this picture? haha... or help you figure it out. But I'm assuming that you are talking about the little box of color above the comments link. I can only assume that there is something wrong in the HTML, or more specifically the redirect addres. Because when I click on it, it takes me to blogger home. Either way, I'm so wanting some peaches. =) If I'm on the right track let me know and I can try to help you figure out what's wrong if you still need help.
♥ ya!
Jenny
Thanks for playing Jenny! Though I can't give can clues, I will say that you're not even close but are more than welcome to try again. : )
I have no idea. Everything looks absolutely yummy. So, although I am sad I can't win the care package....I will surely spend some time gazing longingly at the peaches.
Oops, I meant "any clues" not "can clues".
Mountain is spelled wrong! Had to enlarge the picture to see it. =)
The peaches look heavenly. They're so easy to can too! Coming from Georgia that's one thing I miss the most is having fresh, juicy peaches to eat.
I love peaches... and the mountains in Utah, It's too bad they spelled mountain wrong on the box ~ Because I am not sure I know what moutain grown is.
I tried finding peach jam in the store the other day and had to settle for apricot, so I hope I am the winner!!
We miss you guys!
is "moutain" supposed to be "mountain"? Or is it that your lovely smiling face isn't with all your peaches? :)
Good job, Z! I don't know that I would say canning is fun, but it's very satisfying to see all the hard work in jars!
Wow you canned a lot of peaches! My mom helped me do some this year and it was a blast, it made my house smell yummy! The word "mountain" is spelled wrong! Oh and Natalie sure misses J! As much as she loves kindergarten, she misses her preschool friends too.
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The word "Moutain" on the peach box is spelled wrong!
Is that it? Is that it???
Holy cow that took me FOREVER of staring at those jars and awesome fuzzy peaches. Looks like you did a great job - congrats!
Wow, I totally wasn't even thinking of the picture that you posted up there. I thought that there was supposed to be an additional picture in your blog where that box thingy is... hahahaha what a nerd. =)
Post a Comment